Full Stave Ash Worktops
The full Stave Ash Worktop, with its delicate honey tones and open grain texture, is a popular choice for both traditional and modern kitchen designs. This sustainably sourced, hard-wearing wood creates a light, fresh look and spacious feel, whether paired with dark cupboards for a stunning contrast or light-coloured cabinets for a bright, airy feel. The worktops are masterfully crafted, from 38mm thick Ash Staves (planks) widths from 100m-180mm (average range). The staves run the worktop’s total length, making the most of the timber’s distinctive character and natural beauty.
To fit your unique design and reduce wastage, the worktops are available in sizes from 0.6m – 4.2m in length and 620mm – 1240mm in width. They are finished, ready for oiling/sealing to a 150-grit smoothness, and have square edges and corners, as standard. Oiling/sealing to all surfaces should be completed before fitting. If you require bespoke cutting or for worktops to be oiled/sealed and ready for fitting on delivery, select these services when you place your order.
Installing a worktop safely and securely is a skilled job which we recommend is only carried out by a professional tradesperson using the correct tools and brackets. The extra wide Ash worktops (1240mm) may also require additional support to keep them free of cupping, bowing or warping. To place your order with Wood Worktops, select the worktop size you require from the options given, remembering to add the Bespoke Cutting service and Oiling/Sealing service if required. If you need assistance or have questions, call our friendly team, who will be happy to help you.
- Square Edges – (edge profiling in a range of styles is available via our bespoke service)
- Square Corners
- Untreated, Sanded to 150 grit smoothness, ready for oiling (pre-oiling service with Danish Oil available via our bespoke service)
- Stave Width – 100mm-180mm (average range)
- Thickness – 38mm
- All wooden worktops must be sealed/treated prior to installation and use. All sides and edges must be treated
- All wooden worktops must be fully fixed/attached to base units using slotted / expansion brackets
- We strongly recommend that all wooden worktops are installed by experienced professional tradesmen using appropriate tools
- All extra wide worktops (1240mm) may require additional support on the underside to prevent movement like bowing, warping, and cupping.