Ash has an open grain texture, similar to red oak but with very pale greys and honey tones. It has a very straight grain making it very strong and long-lasting. An Ash worktop works well with kitchen cabinet doors of strong colour. These are Ash Worktops made from planks which run for the full length of the worktop, unlike the finger jointed panels. We offer this spectacular product in the widest range of sizes to help our customers avoid unnecessary wastage. All of our wooden worktops are manufactured to the highest possible standard using carefully selected timbers from sustainable sources.
- Square Edges – (edge profiling in a range of styles is available via our bespoke service)
- Square Corners
- Untreated, Sanded to 150 grit smoothness, ready for oiling (pre-oiling service with Danish Oil available via our bespoke service)
- Stave Width – 100mm-180mm (average range)
- Thickness – 38mm
- All wooden worktops must be sealed/treated prior to installation and use. All sides and edges must be treated
- All wooden worktops must be fully fixed/attached to base units using slotted / expansion brackets
- We strongly recommend that all wooden worktops are installed by experienced professional tradesmen using appropriate tools
- All extra wide worktops (1240mm) may require additional support on the underside to prevent movement like bowing, warping, and cupping.