Maple is a light-coloured wood that has an open wavey grain but it is tremendously hardwearing. Traditionally the first choice for butcher’s block/end grain – but ideal for all kitchen worktops especially in darker kitchens as it reflects light very well.
These are Maple Worktops made from planks which run for the full length of the worktop, unlike the finger jointed panels. We offer this spectacular product in the widest range of sizes to help our customers avoid unnecessary wastage. All of our wooden worktops are manufactured to the highest possible standard using carefully selected timbers from sustainable sources
- Square Edges – (edge profiling in a range of styles is available via our bespoke service)
- Square Corners
- Untreated, Sanded to 150 grit smoothness, ready for oiling (pre-oiling service with Danish Oil available via our bespoke service)
- Stave Width – 100mm-180mm (average range)
- Thickness – 38mm
- All wooden worktops must be sealed/treated prior to installation and use. All sides and edges must be treated
- All wooden worktops must be fully fixed/attached to base units using slotted / expansion brackets
- We strongly recommend that all wooden worktops are installed by experienced professional tradesmen using appropriate tools
- All extra wide worktops (1240mm) may require additional support on the underside to prevent movement like bowing, warping, and cupping.