Beech is a very popular choice for worktops and also in the commercial sector for bar tops or restaurant tables as it is very hard-wearing and its soft grain fits well with all types of interior designs and kitchen styles. This is Prime Grade Beech with 40mm staves (blocks). These worktops are constructed from solid pieces of timber which come in random lengths and a fixed width of 40mm. The staves/blocks are connected via finger joints (v grooves), that’s why they are also referred to as finger-jointed panels. The staves/blocks have been selected to be similar in colour & grain direction in order to achieve a very even and balanced finish. Our wooden worktops are manufactured to the highest possible standard using carefully selected timbers from sustainable sources.
- Square Edges – (edge profiling in a range of styles is available via our bespoke service)
- Square Corners
- Untreated, Sanded to 150 grit smoothness, ready for oiling (pre-oiling service with Danish Oil available via our bespoke service)
- Stave Width – 40mm
- Thickness – 40mm/ 27mm
- All wooden worktops must be sealed/treated prior to installation and use. All sides and edges must be treated
- All wooden worktops must be fully fixed/attached to base units using slotted / expansion brackets
- We strongly recommend that all wooden worktops are installed by experienced professional tradesmen using appropriate tools
- All extra wide worktops (1240mm) may require additional support on the underside to prevent movement like bowing, warping, and cupping.