When you buy a Natural Prime Oak Worktop, you get a traditional homely feel and something that will last for many decades, possibly even a lifetime—making it an excellent choice with its delicate golden hues and charming grain. It adds character and warmth to your kitchen but has less naturally occurring knots and colour variations than natural oak.
The Prime oak worktops are carefully crafted from 40mm wooden staves and connected by V grooved joints; giving a robust and hard wearing surface. They are easy to care for and repair if necessary and available in thicknesses of 27mm, and 40mm and varying lengths from 1m to 4m, making them perfect for worktops, breakfast bars and plinths.
We ensure that all of the wood used is FSC® certified and harvested from responsibly managed forests, which is essential to us here at Wood Worktops and our customers.
The worktops are finished to a 150-grit smoothness, meaning they are ready for oiling/sealing, which must be carried out on all tops, sides and edges before installation and use. We have a bespoke cutting and oiling service if you would like to take advantage of our years of experience.
We strongly recommend all worktops are fitted by a professional tradesperson and must be fixed to base units using slotted/extension brackets. Extra wide worktops (1240mm) may also require additional support on the underside to prevent bowing, warping or cupping.
To place an order, simply select the worktop size you require from the list, or if you need some assistance, call or email and we will be happy to help.
- Square Edges – (edge profiling in a range of styles is available via our bespoke service)
- Square Corners
- Untreated, Sanded to 150 grit smoothness, ready for oiling (pre-oiling service with Danish Oil available via our bespoke service)
- Stave Width – 40mm
- Thickness – 40mm, 27mm, 22mm
- All wooden worktops must be sealed/treated prior to installation and use. All sides and edges must be treated
- All wooden worktops must be fully fixed/attached to base units using slotted/expansion brackets
- We strongly recommend that all wooden worktops are installed by experienced professional tradesmen using appropriate tools
- All extra wide worktops (1240mm) may require additional support on the underside to prevent movement like bowing, warping, and cupping.